Build Orthanc, the Black Tower of Isengard (Saruman's Castle) in the Oregon Desert



I was feeling pretty depressed today and realized that if I looked at pictures of the Oregon Desert I would be even more depressed, but a funny thing happened on the way to doing that and I preceded to laugh.
 I begin to form an idea looking at the photo above of the Oregon Desert. Take a look at that photo! It is a 160 acres for sale for just $120,000. Crazy people like Glenn Beck encourage people to live rural like this and herd goats or something and live off the land with no services, health care, or a library. The photo above looks like the crack of the buttocks of the desert. Oh Lord my God!



I had to learn to be positive and not be so down on the desert. Sometimes you can look into the jaws of hell and see an opportunity! I mean it does look like the terrain of Mordor and Isengard so I would install a moat around the Tower that is actually the swimming pool for the resort complex.
That moat would really cheer things up in the heat of the summer and maybe it could be super heated to become like a giant hot tub for winter.
The rooms would be gothic but luxurious and filled with images of middle earth creatures like wizards, orcs, trolls, and goblins. 
It must have a restaurant that serves food like Lambert's Cafe where they toss dinner rolls at you like you are a wide receiver.
 
I have seen them hurl them from across the giant dining room. They also refill your plate by pouring food items out of metal buckets like they were slopping a hog! I am sure that is how the orcs got fed! Entertainment for the whole damn family! Just the perfect theme is to copy the Lambert restaurant style but change the decor to middle earth style and maybe make changes to the cuisine so it is not so southern in nature, most likely a top notch steak house. The Tower Hotel, Moat, and restaurant would be even more adventurous as Mira Mira in Australia.
This whole idea makes this like a destination resort that could perhaps make the desert amusing! Another January idea. I could not wait for February, that is reserved for my new ocean view resort idea.

Comments